There are lots of "bay areas" in this country, but when I say it, I'm referring to the San Francisco Bay Area, which extends south to Monterey, north to Sonoma (and even Mendocino), east to Walnut Creek, and west to the ocean.
See Places for more information.
- San Francisco
- East Bay
- South Bay
- North Bay
- Amami San in South San Francisco for the best sushi I've had in the Bay Area
- Hog Island Oyster Company in Marshall for oysters straight from Tomales Bay. There's also a restaurant in the Ferry Building in San Francisco.
- Saravanaa Bhavan in Sunnyvale for south Indian food
- Falafel Drive In in San Jose. I don't especially like falafel, but this place is great. (My favorite falafel ever was in Berlin.)
- Pho Dong in Redwood City for Vietnamese food