- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 6-8 habaneros
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
Sautee the onions and garlics. Add the carrots. Add water and simmer until carrots are soft.
Blend habaneros with lime juice and vinegar. Add carrots/onions/garlics, and blend. Add additional water until you get desired texture. Add salt to taste.
These proportions were taken by combining:
into something that made sense to me. I made it on November 7, 2010. It was awesome.
- Mango, pineapple, peaches, or some combination
- Cider vinegar
- Optional: Ginger, honey, etc.
Optionally ferment puree before adding acid.
- Pairing habanero with fruits for hot sauce
- Recipe: Fermented Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce
- Fermented mango habanero hot sauce
- Habaneros (halved)
- Few cloves of garlic
- 2% salt by weight (see Fermenting)
Let ferment. Blend in vinegar.