- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- Sift dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients well, in the order listed above.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until the ingredients are just blended.
- Cook pancakes at medium/low heat, flipping when the surface appears bubbly.
Serves 6 people. Do a 1/3 portion for 2 people, 1/2 portion for 3, adjusting the liquid accordingly. (I use a whole egg for smaller portions, then decrease the buttermilk / yogurt + milk.)
If you don't have buttermilk, best to use yogurt. As last resort, you can use lemon juice and milk. See this piece for more on substitutes for buttermilk.